Towing Sumter, SC
We have done our due diligence and researched what our competitors charged. We realized that our tow services were priced below market value.
We’ve got 17 tow trucks in total. We offer are flatbeds, several others are medium duty tow trucks and the remaining are for light duty. We can assist with almost any vehicle from medium to light towing. Our team of ten tow truck operators makes it possible to be at 17 different places simultaneously. Sumter Towing Service can provide winch out service in West Ridge, while offering roadside service to a customer in Audubon Park and jump start services in Carolina Gardens. Should you ever call on us for towing assistance, we are easily recognizable by our clean uniforms and logo placed precisely over the chest.
- Our commitment our driver in need in Sumter:
- We strive to always Operate our towing business in accord with the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Treat each customer who asks for our towing or roadside services and team member in a fair, open, and honest manner, and fully comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination, treat one another in the way we would want to be treated.
- Meet the tow needs of our customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner and answer all of your questions.
- Advertise our products in a positive, factual, and informative manner, and uphold our promotional discounts as they apply for tire changes, jump starts, tows or fuel delivery.
- Detail charges to assist our customers in understanding the work we provide and provide written estimates of any service work the customer may request performed, upon request, or as required by law.
- If we cannot service your vehicle, we will service you by referring you to someone who can help.
- Delivery your vehicle to any mechanic you direct us to
- Resolve customer concerns promptly and courteously.
- Put our promises in writing and stand behind them.
Our Services & Areas We Take Care Of
We offer swift motorcycle towing and wrecker service. Sumter Towing Service recognizes that you may have driven hundreds of miles to attend Bike Week. Our tow operators will promptly get your bike to the nearest mechanic so you can continue to enjoy the revelry. During the winter months, Sumter temperatures are known to drop significantly. Freezing rain can quickly turn our roads into icy death traps. Winch out service is perfect for icy road conditions. If you happen to find yourself stuck in an icy situation, contact us immediately. We are located in Sumter and are just a few minutes away. Read More...
- Safety Tips For Changing A Flat Tire:
- #1 It's always safest to get a professional to do it for you! Otherwise, be sure to be safe by following these guildelines below
- Get As Far Away from The Road way As You Can
- Whether you’re on two-lane blacktop or a huge superhighway, you need to get your car as far out of the way as possible. If you can put the flat tire on the side of the car facing away from traffic then you’re already much safer than you were where you started.
- Clearly Mark to Other Drivers That You Are Experiencing An Emergency
- Turning on your hazard lights will let other drivers know there’s something wrong, but that’s just a start. Portable road cones or signs to help direct traffic into the lane away from your car are needed and road flares help. This lets other drivers know to give you room to change your tire as safely as possible.
- Make Sure You Have Solid, Flat Ground For Your Jack
- Before you can change your flat, you need to jack the car up. The jack needs to be set against the frame of the vehicle to bear the weight, and it also needs to be set on flat ground that’s sturdy. If you jack your car up at an angle, the jack will likely slip and could cause severe injury! Or costly mistakes can cause your car could roll backward, or down an incline. These risks are bad enough even in normal circumstance, but on a busy road they can get even worse, they can be deadly.
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings
- It might seem like common sense, but if you’re changing a flat tire on a busy road you need to be aware of the traffic around you. No matter how many careful you are or what signs you put out, there is always a danger as long as there is any movement around you and your vehicle. If you have someone with you it’s a good idea to have that person act as a lookout.
Sumter Towing Service can tow anything from heavy duty pickup trucks to small scooters. Our goal is to get you to safety and back on the road as quickly as possible. We have a recommended list mechanics in the area, but if you have a personal mechanic we can tow your vehicle to the location of your choosing. Our tow operators are adept at medium duty towing and flatbed towing. Once you give the dispatcher detailed information she will be able to determine which type of towing service would best suit the situation. Read More...
Medium Duty Towing
Medium Duty Towing refers to the tonnage capacity of our tow trucks. We possess the ability to tow small buses, other medium duty trucks, pickup trucks, campers and large boats. Most of our customers leave their boats parked in their driveways throughout fall, winter and spring while waiting patiently for summer to arrive. Unfortunately they are not diligent about running the engine periodically to prevent malfunctions. If summer rolls around and you are unable to get your boat started, contact Sumter Towing Service for fast towing or jumpstart service. Read More...
“We planned a weekend family camping trip to Manchester State Forest. We had everything packed and was ready to go when the camper wouldn’t start. I wanted to get on the road early and was worried that the weekend would be ruined. Sumter Towing Service arrived in less than 30 minutes and was able to give me a jump so we could be on our way”. - Mike Sweeney
Flatbed towing is the safest way to tow. Next to your home, your car may be the largest investment you will make. Protect it by using a flatbed tow truck. With traditional towing, small pebbles and debris from the tow truck have the propensity to impact your expensive paint job and crack your windows. With traditional towing, your car can sway and rock which makes it dangerous for pedestrians and passing vehicles. Elect to have flatbed towing and you won’t be disappointed.
Jump Start Service
If you happen to leave your lights on overnight and your car won’t start, contact Sumter Towing Service. Our tow operators have jumped cars at parties, in parking lots and on busy highways. We are fast, thorough and courteous. Our team will never make you feel like you’re doing us a favor. It is our pleasure to provide you with valuable services and we couldn’t be happier that you chose us over all the rest.
“I have night blindness and shouldn’t be driving once the sun sets. I happened to be driving from across town when I saw something unrecognizable in the road and swerved into a ditch to avoid it. Sumter Towing Service used a winch out service to get me outta there in less than 45 minutes.” - Regina Smith
Winch Out Service
Getting stuck in ice and mud is tricky business. Accelerate too much and you dig yourself deeper. Don’t accelerate enough and you spin out. There comes a point where you give up and call a professional. Spinning out in icy conditions can be dangerous, not only to yourself but also to oncoming cars. We have a fleet of ten tow trucks and are based conveniently in Sumter. We are bound to have a tow truck near you. Within minutes we can be at your location. Read More...
24 Hour Towing
Sumter Towing Service offers reliable 24-hour towing. When a customer phones after hours, we already know it’s an emergency. We have a tow operator on call at all times during non business hours. Calls are routed to him after 7PM. Even in the wee hours of the morning, you will be greeted by a courteous professional. When your car won’t start or you are stranded in a ditch, you can count on us to be there when you need. Read More...
“It was still dark out when I started my shift at 5AM. When I finished at 2:30AM, I quickly noticed that my lights were still on. Wouldn’t you know it, my car wouldn’t turn over?! I was anxious and ready to get home. With Sumter Towing Service on my side, I was home in less than 45 minutes.” - Alice George
Reach Out To Us
Contact Sumter Towing Service Contact Us for safe and swift roadside towing. Because we value your time and our reputation, we offer transparent pricing. Our dispatchers will never quote you one price on the phone to secure your business then ask for a significantly higher price when the task is complete. That is dishonest and we run an ethical business. You should feel confident when you hire a towing company. Take your time to peruse our four star Yelp reviews and A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Those reviews and ratings are well earned. For many we have done our absolute best to go above and beyond to satisfy our customers. Read More...
Our service areas include: Woodrow, Oakland, Cherryvale, Wedgewood, Atkins, Sardinia, New Zion, Paxville, Eastover, Horrel Hill, Sumter and everything in between!
Drive Safe, Be Safe It is not uncommon to see emergency scenes, vehicular issues or work zones on the side of the roads. Here are some tips to keep in mind when coming across an emergency scene or work zone. · Keep vehicle under control. · Proceed with due caution. · Significantly reduce vehicle speed. · Yield the right of way by making a lane change into a lane not next to the emergency equipment or work equipment if on a highway with at least four lanes, with at least two lanes proceeding in the same direction. · If changing lanes is not possible or unsafe, maintain a safe speed for road conditions. · Endangering temporary work zone or emergency personnel is considered a misdemeanor punishable by a fine. Obeying this law can save a life and prevent injury. Move Over, SC! · State law requires motorists to “move over” into an adjacent lane whenever possible when passing an emergency scene or temporary work zone. (South Carolina Department of Public Safety)